Weekly Classes & Workshops
Pregnancy Yoga is a brilliant complement to Hypnobirthing. It helps mums-to-be to connect with their baby and their amazing growing and changing pregnant body, strengthens and keeps the body mobile, eases aches and pains, can help you sleep better and you also learn lovely breathing and relaxation techniques too. There really are so many benefits and you don't need to have practices any yoga before, or to bit 'fit' or 'bendy' or anything! You can start anytime from 14 week, and it will benefit you right up until baby is born.
Benefits of Pregnancy Yoga:
Pregnancy yoga is a form of exercise recommended by midwives, and has many benefits for your pregnancy body and in preparing you for labour, birth and motherhood:
- keep the body supple and strong without straining
- boost energy
- relieve stress and anxiety
- promote relaxation and restful sleep
- provide you with breathing techniques and positions to use during labour and birth
- relieve common minor pregnancy ailments such as heartburn, swollen joints and constipation
- help expecting mothers to bond with your unborn baby through breathing and visualisation techniques
- Breathing exercises to create space in the body, bring calm to mum and to introduce ways in which breathing can facilitate birth.
- Helps you tune into your body and your baby.
I teach lovely friendly weekly classes in York, and I also run longer Pregnancy Yoga workshops in both York and Harrogate. To find out more about them and book your place visit the Pregnancy Yoga page of my website.